- Don't take a bike tool in your hand-luggage - it will get confiscated at the airport
- If you are hiring a bike take a pump, a bike-tool and water bottles, minimum.
- If you go out for a leisurely ride on arrival get a map, so you don't get horribly lost
- If you get a puncture make sure you have a pump as well as levers and a tyre
- Expect all shops to be closed when you want them and open when you don't
Its fantastic though - warm and a total joy. The Cannondale R1000 *is* really nice, silent and deadly, must sort out my noisy trek when I get home. Missing my wife and kids tho, first hols without them and it feels really weird.
Oh and also,
- If you are hiring a bike obviously take your shoes and pedals, but also take your saddle and seatpost you won't regret it.
- The difference between yellow and green rooms is yellow rooms are bloody noisy whilst green rooms aren't... that'll teach me for being a bit tight.
- Skip the half-board at 45 quid. It is truly aweful. I've bought a pack of Alpen and some milk. Ok if you want some reconstituted sausages, dodgy cheese and some cardboard muesli but not for me. Bah humbug.
- On Sunday I complained about the noise (no it was REALLY REALLY bad, I never make a fuss but this was just daft) and was moved to another end of the complex well away from the main entertainment stage which my previous room overlooked. Fifty brownie points to the guys at La Santa, they may not have been overjoyed at having to move me but they did it anyway. And I'm on the first floor now rather than second, so less steps to lug the bike up.