- Get weight and fitness to level that I can comfortably complete a Tour of the Surrey Hills regardless of time
- Get back into good habits of eating well, exercising regularly and getting enough sleep
- 8 hours sleep - in bed by 10.30 at the latest
- Keep a food diary, with every item recorded
- Limit refined sugar and no cakes, biscuits etc
- Eat breakfast, lunch and small dinner (after exercise)
- Exercise every day with a rest day on fridays
- Don't fret about exercise intensity, just get out there and run or cycle at a pace I am happy with. If I am fatigued then take a rest day or just do 15 minutes of something.
Started on Sunday and will maintain until primary objective is hit. I'm not even ready to attempt the ToSH (100km and 2,500m climbing) and probably won't be till September.
Once this primary objective has been met I'll start to think about the Flora since my wife and I both have guaranteed places this April. I've got 9 months to get ready. She's ready now.